Contact Me

Author Email: amberbentleyromance@gmail.com
Marketing ONLY Email: bentleypr@gmail.com
Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ StumbleUpon
Scoop It ~ Empire ~ Delicious ~ Goodreads

Sunday, March 23, 2014

#SundaySnips ~ Amber Bentley Take 3



A little more from A Cowboy's Claim - book 1 in the Cowboys of Slumber Creek series





            “I know.” Chance saw this conversation had gotten far from the point he had intended to make. He needed to get her back on what he needed to prepare her for. It was getting late and Arianna would be here soon. “Ma, I invited Arianna and her kids over for supper.”
            “Arianna? You finally have a girlfriend?” Ellie's eyes looked hopeful. She needed her son to be happy and have a life of his own when she left this world. She couldn't stand the thought of leaving him all alone.
            “No, Ma. Not a girlfriend. Arianna lives down the road. The one you were helping the gossips about. Please be kind. I don't know her story, but she looks troubled.” And beautiful, he added silently. “We don't need to be adding to thir burdon. Anyway, I'd also like you to consider letting her take you to appointments. She's not working and she looks like she could use a friend.”
            “Oh, Chance, couldn'y ou just go save a puppy or something?”
            Chance rolled his eyes. “You'll be nice?”

            “I suppose. But I don't need any help.”


To visit other blogs that linked up this week, please view the linky list located *here*

10 comments:

  1. Ha! Go save a puppy. Great. :) It's something I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) It just seemed to fit there, I couldn't help myself.

      Delete
  2. Yep...there are indeed lots of puppies needing saving. Great line! Thanks for being part of the group. I'm enjoying reading the snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your six. I can't wait to get this trilogy in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a bit. By book 1 should be out by the end of the year.

      Delete
  4. Lovely! Go save a puppy. Made me smile. Great six, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great six! I like that you closing lines lift me smiling. Can't wait to read your series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback is always appreciated. Please note that many times I will respond on blog, so be sure to check back.

....